The Walt Disney Company is constantly adjusting its digital marketing strategy to the current trends in society. For example, Disney’s release of Frozen in November 2013, triggered countless individuals to create YouTube videos reenacting musical numbers throughout the film. Some of these independently created Frozen-inspired videos are linked below.
- Maddie and Zoe Singing “Let it Go” from Frozen
- These two adorable little girls have received over 31,896,096 views on YouTube.
- Disney and Pixar Sings Let it Go
- Who knew independent performer Brian Hull would attract over 15,962,226 views on YouTube with this creative performance of Disney and Pixar characters singing the popular “Frozen” song.
- Let it Go REMIX (Dad and daughter duet in the car)
- Dad, Billy, and three year old daughter, Blakely, look like they are having the time of their lives in this video (receiving over 13,245,977 views) as they enjoy performing Disney’s “Let it Go”.
- Good Looking Parents Sing Disney’s Frozen (Love is an Open Door)
- This cute couple have received over 17,895, 008 views on YouTube.
While The Walt Disney Company did not plan or arrange for these people to create promotional videos for their movie, they did so regardless. In this case, “Frozen’s” digital marketing platform relied largely on unofficial YouTube videos. Disney is proving that advertising platforms may not always rely completely on a company at large. By providing viewers content that they are happy with, those viewers often continue to share and in turn provide marketing for that business.
With today’s digital and online cultures growing so rapidly, promotional efforts are continually being focused on sites such as YouTube. While everyone is now able to product their own content, there are more and more opportunities for everyone to be a publisher.
The Walt Disney Company seems to have embraced this digital marketing trend, by advertising in less traditional forms and allowing viewers to create their own content. By embracing current trends, Disney continues to be a leader in the digital marketplace.