The Walt Disney Company is ranked number 2 on today’s global social media chart according to Starscore. The powerful company has fans all over the globe who love to share their adoration for Disney online!
The Walt Disney Company has:
- 7,210,044,895 views on YouTube
- 188,197,664 fans on Facebook
- 23,245,945 followers on Twitter
- 3,210,485 fans on Instagram
- 3,237,995 fans on Sina Weibo
- 1,734,083 fans on Google+
- 90,038 fans on Renren
- 173,861 fans on Mixi
- 153,068 fans on VK
- 481,605 fans on Tencent Weibo
On Starscore’s brand chart, The Global Walt Disney Company ranks as Number 1 above Nescafe and Movieclips Trailers. These startling statistics prove that The Walt Disney Company must really be doing something right in terms of social media platforms.
So what is Disney doing in the digital world that attracts such overwhelming amounts of followers on the web?
- On Twitter and Facebook, Disney claims to be committed to 2 main principles which are: “reach families and Disney enthusiasts and share content that our guests are compelled to talk about and share.” (Digiday)
- “Disney Interactive, social media outreach is all about connecting with Disney enthusiasts in an entertaining way.” (Digiday)
In short, The Walt Disney Company is content marketing to its target audiences by engaging them in social media outlets in which they enjoy participating. By sharing the latest developments in the Disney Company, at specific times and through social media platforms, Disney productively occupies the online network.